Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fudge


Shortly before Christmas 2007 my husband and I were cleaning out the attic when I ran across an old Christmas present from 1977. I couldn't resist re-gifting it to the original recipient. It was a present made by my step-daughter, Beth for her sister Renee. They all got a big kick out of it and Beth remembered painting it all those years ago. My family all enjoy chocolate and fudge is a favorite at Christmas time. This recipe is easy and always good. Don't be fooled by the ingredients - it's delicious!


"Best Ever Fudge"

Ingredients:

(2) cups butter
(1#) pasteurized processed cheese (like Velveeta)
(4#'s) confectioners sugar
(1 cup) cocoa
(1T) vanilla extract
add nuts to your taste or leave out if you don't like nuts

Directions:

1 Melt together butter and cheese
2 Mix in confectioners sugar and cocoa into the butter mixture.
Stir in vanilla and nuts. Spread on two big cookie sheets.
Cool, cut and store in refrigerator

(makes 8 dozen pieces)

No comments:

Post a Comment