Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I know we are out of season kind of for this recipe, but it is one of my kids favorites and I did have a picture also, so here you go. Thanks for making this blog. It will be fun!  This cake tastes better on day 2!



Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Glaze
2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. canola oil (or 3/4 c. oil and 3/4 c. applesauce)
3 c. grated zucchini
3/4 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non stick cooking spray. Stir together all dry ingredients. Add eggs, oil (applesauce) and zucchini. Mix well. Stir in nuts if desired. Pour into pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle with glaze while still hot. I didn't put the nuts in because my kids don't like them. I ended up just throwing chunks of the zucchini in my blender and mushing it up that way.

Chocolate Glaze
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
3 T. butter
1 T. light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla.
Put everything but vanilla in a glass microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 -60 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds. When all melted and smooth, add vanilla and stir well. Drizzle over top of warm cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment