Sunday, March 22, 2009

Non-Cooked Cheesecake

I got this recipe from Anne Gockley, one of my friends. It is a favorite and is really quick and easy to make. Everyone always raves over it.

1 prepared graham cracker crust (buy one or make your own)
8 oz cream cheese, softened (I've used the fat free kind and it works fine)
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz Cool Whip

Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; blend in vanilla. Stir in Cool Whip and pour into crust. Chill for at least 4 hours.

You must chill for 4 hours, if you only chill for 2 or 3 hours, the sugar will still taste grainy. It takes that long to fully dissolve.

Top with your choice of toppings, canned pie filling works great. I love it with fresh strawberries in strawberry glaze or fresh peaches in peach glaze that you can buy usually in the produce section. My boys love it drizzled with chocolate syrup ice cream topping.

Great for summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment